Alkaline Diet Plan: A Comprehensive Review
Many people adhere to specific diets with designs on consuming more nutritious foods that could ultimately bring them better overall health or help them lose weight. One such diet is the alkaline diet plan. Proponents of this nutritional blueprint opine that following it can prevent disabling ailments like arthritis and potentially life-threatening diseases such as cancer. The following brief blog highlights the important particulars.
What Is The Alkaline Diet?
The basic idea behind this dietary plan is to consume foods that are more alkaline in nature. Alkaline is the opposite of acidic, meaning you should avoid foods like citrus, coffee, grains, and sugar. Let's go into more depth about what to eat on the alkaline diet.
What Adherents Should Not Consume
Strict alkaline dietary followers suggest that the consumption of products that precipitate acid production within the body such as processed and canned foods, excessively sugary substances and meats could be the genesis for poor health. Additionally, proponents also recommend avoiding potential triggers for food allergies like:
- caffeinated foods and beverages
- products containing gluten
Foods That Should Be Eaten
For the most part, non-acidic foods are comprised of produce items like most fruits and vegetables. That said, legumes like beans, especially lentils are also considered permissible. Moreover, most nuts and seeds are safe. Regarding beverages, water, green tea and ginger ale are considered the most beneficial. Here's a more complete alkaline food list:
- unsweetened dairy products
- fresh vegestables
- non-citrus fruits
- herbal teas
- beans and lentils
- nuts and seeds
- herbs and spices
Can You Do Keto On An Alkaline Diet?
Another popular dietary trend at present is the keto diet. This dietary plan requires practitioners to consume a limited amount of carbohydrates and an increased concentration of fats. Many subscribing to the keto diet wonder if this practice and the alkaline diet are compatible?
Are Keto And Alkaline Diets Compatible?
There are those in the nutritional and medical fields who opine that the two dietary plans are compatible and can yield significant health benefits. In fact, proponents of the keto alkaline diet suggest that placing these two practices in tandem could exert far-reaching positive health consequences such as a dramatic reduction in systemic inflammation, a strengthened immune system, significant loss of excess fat, hormonal regulation and weight loss.
Alkaline Diet Meal Plan
Specific foods to be consumed may depend upon the dieters caloric needs and general health.
Alkaline Diet Recipe Items
- Several slices of brown bread
- Two eggs
- One-half cup of milk
- Full spoon of cinnamon
- Full teaspoon of salt
- Full teaspoon of vanilla extract
- One-quarter teaspoon of nutmeg
- Combine the eggs, milk and spices.
- Place oil in frying pan and apply low heat.
- Saturate the bread with the previously combined ingredients on both sides.
- Cook until bread is golden or brown in color.
- Add butter if so desired.
Cucumber Avocado Salad
- Head of lettuce
- One quarter sliced cucumber
- One seeded pomegranate
- One cubed avocado
- One-quarter cup of shelled pistachios
- One-quarter cup of apple vinegar
- One-half cup of olive oil
- One minced garlic clove
- Rip the lettuce part until reducing said item to small pieces that can easily fit into a bowl or container.
- Combine the remaining ingredients with the lettuce and mix items together.
- When salad is mixed together, combine dressing items.
- Once dressing items are mixed, apply to and toss salad.
Coconut Vegetable Soup
- Any two chopped vegetables (onions, cabbage and green beans are suggested)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- One tablespoon of butter
- One tablespoon of grated ginger
- One teaspoon of crushed garlic
- Full can of coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place vegetables on oven-compatible tray.
- Lightly apply olive oil to vegetables.
- Roast in oven for 40 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, place garlic and ginger into frying pan and saute said items for several minutes.
- When the items are sautéed, add coconut milk and let simmer on a medium to low flame.
- When the milk is heated, pour in into a bowl, add vegetables, season to individual tastes
Medical professionals believe that, while adhering to an alkaline diet will not dramatically alter the acidity levels in one's body, avoiding acidic foods might be able to prevent certain illnesses and help adherents shed fat and maintain a healthy body weight. Therefore, adherence to the diet is not frowned upon and can exert positive health benefits.Contact Blue Tree Health today to learn more. We also offer personalized weight loss programs for similar diets, such as the Ketogenic Diet and the HCG Diet.